FluentSeeds is seeking a full-time Program Manager to ensure successful implementation of the organization’s evidence-based early literacy programs. The Program Manager will build relationships with and support a caseload of early childhood partner sites (schools, Head Starts, community-based child care centers, etc) in implementing the SEEDS of Learning training and coaching frameworks with fidelity. The Program Manager will also lead a team of direct reports and support them to be successful in their roles and will use ongoing data analysis to drive impact for children. This leadership position will make an impact by ensuring that children receive the early literacy support they need to become successful readers by third grade.
At FluentSeeds, our mission is to make sure every child can read fluently by third grade having mastered the proven five essential components to reading: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. FluentSeeds reduces educational disparities through evidence-based professional development based on the science of reading and pairs this with the quality interactions and tactics needed to convert the science into daily routines and practices. We are a springboard for early childhood development that research has shown to be highly effective. We currently serve thousands of teachers, caregivers, and parents in 12 states and are poised to grow our impact even further.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Manager, who reports to the Director of Programs, is located in the Bay Area and will be responsible for:
● Managing a caseload of partnerships and ensuring that implementation of SEEDS of Learning takes place with fidelity to the evidence-proven model across a wide variety of sites.
● Managing the annual partnerships process for your caseload from developing a scope of services to partner onboarding and program launch, ensuring that partners’ needs are met and expectations are clear.
● Building and maintaining relationships with partner sites and providing ongoing guidance to support site administrators and staff to drive the impact of the program.
● Managing a team of direct reports to ensure their development and success by conducting weekly check ins, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, conducting formal evaluations, and driving success of all team members.
● Ensuring accountability on your team and to partners by collecting, analyzing, and acting on student, trainee, and coach data and ensuring that others on your team do so as well in line with their roles. Use data to continuously improve performance and programs.
● Delivering. high-quality training, lead coaching, and direct coaching with fidelity
● Building support and developing new partners for FluentSeeds in the community by attending and hosting visits, meetings, and events with a variety of stakeholders.
● Creating and contributing to a positive, inclusive team environment and culture
● Managing and overseeing training across the organization, ensuring quality and fidelity to the evidence-proven SEEDS model.
● Upholding the FluentSeeds’ mission and purpose, inclusive and equitable culture, and agreements and values with staff, partners, governing board, and communities served.
● Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: FluentSeeds is seeking candidates with a demonstrated track record including:
● At least two years of experience with program and people management; preference for management experience within early childhood education and/or education-related nonprofits
● Demonstrated commitment to FluentSeeds mission, values, and the pursuit of increased equity for marginalized communities
● Demonstrated commitment to the science of reading and data-driven programming
● Demonstrated ability to analyze and act on data on an ongoing basis
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
● Self starter with the ability to get things done and solve problems independently; someone who enjoys a challenge
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to see a project through to completion and overcome obstacles
● Demonstrated ability to identify high-leverage strengths and growth areas to support development of self and others
● Proficiency with various software programs (i.e., Google Suite, Zoom, data systems, etc.)
● Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of professional experience required
POSITION DETAILS: This is a full-time position that requires occasional travel to program sites, trainings, meetings, retreats, and events. This position requires being located in the Bay Area.
BASE SALARY: The salary for this position starts at $85,000.00 and the final salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, your resume, and contact information for three references. Please note the position you are applying for in the email subject line and send your materials as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FluentSeeds does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, political affiliation, marital or parental status, or military status.